We are looking for an innovative product designer to join us in making sure that TV.com and metacritic can wow the 15 million users who visit us each month! The successful candidate is someone who will take part in the ongoing product evolution to our suite of web and mobile products.
Someone who is able to transform complex concepts into simple, approachable interactive experiences that are easy to use and visually balanced, across any device. A team player that lives and breathes the interactive space – Someone whose work has been seen or will soon be seen in some of the top design showcase sites. (Dribbble, Scoutzie, Creatica, TheBestDesigns, CSSMania etc)
- Approach projects with user-centered design methodologies in the execution of high-fidelity mockups and interaction flows
- Participate in ongoing discussion with product, engineering and other team partners to develop new solutions to complex discovery / consumption problems that convey ideas into tangible form
- Incorporate / Refine the TV.com / Metacritic Visual sensibility in all designs, consistently and efficiently
- Quickly adapt to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements
- A passion for innovation with an attitude that good enough is NEVER good enough
- An amazing portfolio that can be viewed online. Any applicant without an “online” portfolio will not be considered.
- A strong understanding of modern web/mobile best practices to create an efficient user-experience
- Ability to manage time and multiple deadlines effectively
- Ability to quickly execute hi-fidelity comps with a strong attention to pixel-level detail and craftsmanship.
- Awareness of the trends and applied technology being used across the desktop & mobile interactive.
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- 2 – 3 years of professional work experience.
Most important – you MUST have an online portfolio. I’m not interested in a resume of what you’ve done, and where you have been. Let your work knock my socks off. If you have the chops… you are that person, or know of that person… I want to hear from you!