We are looking for an innovative designer (s) to join the CNET mobile web / native app design team. The successful candidate is someone who will take part in the ongoing product evolution to our suite of iOS, Android and mobile web products.
Someone who is able to transform complex concepts into simple, approachable mobile experiences that are easy to use and visually balanced, across any device. A team player that lives and breathes the interactive and tech space.
- A strong sense of UX and visual design, with an eye for simple-to-use interfaces.
- Be an advocate for the user in the execution of high-fidelity mockups and interaction flows
- Ability to work within constraints, while maintaining consistency throughout designs. Rapidly prototype with the ability to quickly go from mockups to implementation for experiences on ALL screens.
- Participate in ongoing discussion with product, engineering and other team partners to develop new solutions to complex discovery / consumption problems that convey ideas into tangible form
- Quickly adapt to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements
- A passion for innovation with an attitude that good enough is NEVER good enough
- Be open to constructive feedback
- Work well with developers to deliver the highest quality of work.
- Contribute to a fun working environment
- An amazing portfolio that can be viewed online. Any applicant without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- A strong understanding of modern & user focused web/mobile design best practices.
- Ability to manage time and multiple deadlines effectively.
- Strong attention to pixel-level detail and craftsmanship.
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- 2 – 3 years of professional work experience.
IMPORTANT – you MUST have an online portfolio. I’m not interested in a resume of what you’ve done, and where you have been. Let your work knock my socks off. If you have the chops… you are that person, or know of that person… I want to hear from you!